The Extra Care Required Ministry Team is a ministry of Faith Church of Grayslake designed to offer support to people persevering through life's trials.
Janelle Randall (Steve)
ECR Ministry Co-Leader
John Cannon (Char)
Equipping Team Leader
Londa Isosaki (Tony)
Encouragement Team Leader
Benevolence Team Leader
Drew Thorwall (Melissa)
Team Member & Equipping Staff Rep
Description of Network
- Equipping Team
- ECR Team Member Training
- Small Group Leader Coaching
- Budget Coaching
- Benevolence Team
- Process benevolence applications
- Steward benevolence fund
- Care Team
- Resource Library
- Resource Referral
- Ministry Referral
- Counselor Referrals
- Agency Liaison
- Encouragement Team
- Funerals (hosting/refreshments)
- Meals Assistance
- Assists in support of needs of persons not in small groups
- Develop and annually review its charter for submission to the Elder Board
- Recruit and train ministry team members
- Provide the necessary materials required to do ministry
- Submit annually (January) to the Elder Board proposed budgets and objectives for the forthcoming year
- Meet as required to plan and execute specific ministry objectives
- Review and provide a written semi-annual report (September and March) of progress versus planned objectives to the Equipping Staff and Elder Board
- Pray regularly for this area of ministry
- Steward the benevolent fund
- Adhere to policies as stated in Operations and Guidelines
- Renew emphasis on training ECR volunteers by providing materials and resources, especially concerning leadership skills and emotional health. Includes potential training for small group leaders in how to respond to members in difficult life situations.
- Continue to expand network of Christian counselors (currently 50+) to allow affordable counseling options for insured and uninsured attendees.
- Work to provide financial stewardship coaches/training and budget coaching to those who need it.
- Refine the funeral hosting/refreshments process and recruit more volunteers in this area.
- Meet meal needs for those persons in the congregation not belonging to a small group, and supplement meal needs that are beyond the capability of a small group as necessary. Recruit a volunteer over this area to contact meal volunteers, oversee supplies, and conduct periodic meal making/distribution.
- Input written data into the Care system and scan old agendas and ECR files to store electronically.